Safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) is a basic need for leading a healthy and dignified life. Marginlised communities in India still struggle with waterborne diseases, mostly due to unsafe drinking water and WASH behaviour. According to the Joint Monitoring programme (JMP) report by WHO in 2021, two billion people across the globe lack safely managed WASH services.
This workshop is an opportunity that offers know-how on a sustainable solution for treating drinking water. S.M. Sehgal Foundation India, in partnership with CAWST, Canada is hosting a three day training workshop to buils capacities on the biosand filter, an effective and sustainable household level safe drining water solution. The workshop will provide the required knowledge on technology of biosand filter, how it works and its maintenenace. The workshop will deliver knowledge on Jalkalp Biosand Filter, preparing the filter media and installing the filter, and operation and maintenance.
Please view the workshop invite here
Here is the training workshop agenda
Participants may be individuals or groups who are:
- Working in water and sanitation, community development or health projects seeking solutions for safe water
- Aware of the need for safe water and may have some familiarity with household water treatment
- Motivated and prepared to implement biosand filter project
- Midlevel managers within their organisation with the responsibility for organising projects and making decisions
- Program organisers, commuity liason people, technicians, front line supervisors, project managers or project engineers
Dates: February 7, 2023 - February 9, 2023
Location: S M Sehgal Foundation, Gurugram, Haryana.
Training fee: No charges apply